1. Open the window, please! The bed and closet are damp. It sure is ____ in here!
2. The long ears on blood hounds help ____ different scents to the dogs' noses.
3. The ____ refused to eat the cake at the party because it had dairy and eggs in it.
4. I enjoyed the afternoon ____ as I relaxed in my hammock.
b. jet stream
5. There are many different kinds of people and cultures in New York City. It is a _______ city.
6. I'll be late for dinner tonight. I'm ____ in traffic right now.
7. The admiral shook hands with his ____ after working together to win the battle.
8. The police pulled over the driver because she ______ the speed limit.
9. After falling down, she ______ for me to come over.
10. I have been eating healthy foods and exercising to stay _____.
Web ViewMobile View