This is a blog post that will help ESL students learn the names of body parts in English. The first part will show the names of the body parts. The second is a short sentence completion exercise to help students learn how to use these words in sentences.
Body Parts in English
Example: The man's eye is blue.
Example: She has braided hair.
Example: The clown has a big, red nose.
Example: The grey rabbit has long ears!
Example: She is putting makeup on her cheek.
Example: The giraffe has a long neck.
Example: The men are carrying things on their shoulders.
Example: The people are raising their arms.
Example: He types on the computer with his fingers.
Example: Her elbows are on the table.
Example: If you like something, put your thumbs up.
Example: The person has white shoes on his feet.
Example: The knee is red.
Example: She is painting her toenails red.
Sentence Completion Exercise about Body Parts
Complete the sentences by choosing the correct answer
1. Hands have one ____ and four fingers.
2. You bend your legs with your ____.
3. You bend your arms with your ____.
4. He types on the computer with his ____.
5. People have five ___ on their feet.
6. Another name for the side of your face is ____.
7. Students usually raise their ___ when they have questions in school.
8. People have two ___ on the sides of their heads.
9. Giraffes have very long ____.
10. The clown has a big, red ___.